When our daughter Melissa was 12, she came to us and told us that she was going to Honduras on a mission trip that summer. She said that God had told her to go whether we did or not, and that Ms Janet would take care of her! Well…God led the rest of us to go too, and started our adventures in foreign missions…most definitely out of my comfort zone. This summer was our 4th trip to Central America, our first to Nicaragua.
In my quiet time the day we left, God led me to Ezekiel 37:3. He asked me, “Son of man, can these bones live?” I said, “O sovereign Lord, You alone know.”
Had I been Ezekiel, I’m sure I would have said, “No.” Not because I didn’t believe God could make bones live, but because I didn’t expect Him to or understand why He would. So many times I assume I know things about situations around me. I answer so many questions with definitive answers- but so many times my answer should be, “only God knows”. God is sovereign..all powerful..able to do much more than anything we can ask or imagine. God is teaching me that my feelings and expectations have little to do with how He handles things. I am so grateful that God’s truth does not depend on my feelings. I’m learning to just obey and watch God work out the details…so today at WalMart I bought 2 bag chairs to take on the next trip!
Our Little Blessings sale is coming up at FBC on August 27 and 28. We will be in charge of the concession stand where we will sell Nelms BBQ sandwiches, chips, popcorn and drinks. We need help during both days of the sale from about 10am to the close of the sale each day. We will be working in shifts of 2 or 3 hours. We also need donations of things to sell…if our buns, chips, and drinks are donated, that much more money can go to missions. Please email me to let me know when you’d like to help and I will put you on the schedule.
Vicki Britton
bbritton4@comcast.net
No comments:
Post a Comment