This past June's trip to Nicaragua was a huge success. One by one, God overcame every obstacle and set back, even our imperfections to accomplish His purpose. Thousands of men, women and children were touched through the various ministries, and dozens of these precious souls were added to the numbers of His eternal Kingdom. We will never know this side of heaven the true impact of this trip.
So.... Mission Accomplished? ...Not hardly.
I cannot speak for you, but as far as I am concerned, this blessed week of service was probably the easiest week of this year when it came to being obedient to the great commission and to many of the teachings of our Lord Jesus.
Problem is, Jesus didn't “call” me to be on mission for Him one week per year only. Problem is, He didn't even suggest that I would just share my story and His story once in a while then walk away...
Moments before joining His father in heaven, Jesus gave us very specific instructions: “Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe every thing I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” (Matt.28:19-20)
Jesus didn't call me for a week of mission per year; He gave me a command of an on-going nature to make disciples of all nations, to have folks publicly testify of their salvation and to teach them to obey everything that He has taught us.
51+1 is a huge personal challenge because simply said, I slide very comfortably in my work-home-church routine and the various “Christian” activities I'm involved with are just enough to hold me over until my next mission trip. Jesus Himself reminds me in John 14 “If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching” and the Holy Spirit took a hold of me in Nicaragua and since our return that God expect me to engage in making disciples all year around.
In the next few months, we will review together the tools that God has provided to be effective “disciple makers” and I look forward for all the stories of lives changed and how God is working through us to further His Kingdom every week of the months preceding our trip to El Maguelar, Honduras. My vision is for our Team to be able to really say: 51 weeks of glorious mission work... and oh, also one week of disciple-making in Honduras.
Until my next blog, you have a reading assignment: “Radical” by David Platt. Enjoy, and God Bless you in this journey!
Daniel Clark
No comments:
Post a Comment